Friday, August 10, 2007

An update, oh my!

So, it's been over six months since my last update. And, sadly, not much has happened....

However, it seems this blog has slowly been deteriorating in my absence (much like the pride and morals of Haileybury since Aikman left), so I might do some updating in the next few days (such as changing links, because Matt and Luke are conformist sheep. Wordpress, pfft).

I guess the most exiting things are as follows:

- I'm once again trying to give up WoW. Hopefully, however, it'll be for good

- I'm now going out with Yaz, who I met through work. She's a weirdo too, and completely accepting of my nerdiness. Hooray!

- School is almost finished! And I have a course lined up already, so I hope I get accepted (Bachelor of Arts (Languages) at Monash, if anyone is interested. A Major in French and Linguistics, and Minors in Translating and Interpreting (it's one subject, not two seperate ones) and another language (most likely German or Spanish. Bye bye Japanese!).

- Fame is underway, and close to performance time. Although my input has been minimal (read: thwarted by Nazi parents and an evil Maths teacher), I hope to be doing something useful on nights, unlike Inheritance, where my greatest accomplishment was putting Mr Frame in his place.

Oh, and last night I went to see the Phantom of the Opera starring Anthony Warlow. Even though he has been sick, he still managed a brilliant performance, alongside his co-stars. And the technical aspects were amazing too (such as hundreds of tiny lights embedded in the floor, set and backdrops to resemble flickering candles and stars, dry ice to create a floor-hugging mist, pyrotechnics, incredibly detailed costumes, and a giant chandelier which swung from the roof and crashed into the stage). It was definately worth enduring my family for a night in order to see it.

There's more, but I'm tired (and suffering from insomnia), so I'll finish here and add more when I think of it.

Until next time,
Doomsayer, over and out.

1 comment:

rapture1024 said...

Yes, well done, this is almost deserving of me putting my link to your blog back on mine.

And don't worry about 'Kane' getting hungry, I've been visiting every so often to feed him.

And I was hoping that you could be so kind to put Frame in his place again for Fame, thanks dal!